Wednesday 26 September 2012

In the middle of the night

I'm only just learning about photography and so far I'm still using my digital camera like a point and shoot camera. It's always on automatic mode and my go to rule of photography is if it's not coming out just don't bother. But recently we had some amazing foggy weather here in New York which made the Empire State Building look incredible. I actually had to run back into the house to get the camera after failing miserably on the iPhone. Now I've been bad mouthing the strength of my Olympus E-PM1 to my bestie Pamela of Nera Sposa who is currently looking for a camera. Telling her that while it is amazing in the daytime it struggles at night. And I still think that it's not the most powerful camera I've handled at night however very simple techniques can help to get the most out of it.

I have to admit that the first thing Hipster Dufus told me was that I needed a tripod or to lean on a solid surface. So after many shots coming out blurry finally I leant on a wall to get the shot I wanted, and this little camera really impressed me. The shot below was not only taken at night, it has been completely zoomed in, and did I mention the fog? Pretty powerful and has inspired me to keep trying in the dark and at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment