Thursday 30 August 2012

Madison Square Park

So now that I'm back online I can let you know what I've been up to. I'm going to start with something that makes up most of my days and that's obviously walking Paco. Our closest park is Madison Square Park, which is nestled between the Empire State building and the Flatiron building. It's weird having these two icons making up my everyday images especially as it's not like every time I leave my house in London I see the Houses of Parliament or the London Eye! It's a beautiful park although our main trouble has been the attitude to dogs. They are not allowed to run free like they do in London and have designated dog areas. These are not grass like back home so they stink! Even Paco hates them (although I think for a dog that's rather rich). Anyway this is only important as it's meant that he's been behaving very funnily. He hasn't settled in at all. Which considering we're trying to settle in too makes it just another thing to worry about. 

The best part of this park is that it's home to The Shake Shack. These famous burgers have queues stretching out of the park everyday. And we've even tried going at 10:00pm thinking we were being clever and there was a queue! I'm guessing we'll just have to man up and wait in the queue like everybody else. These burgers better live up to the hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment