Friday 2 August 2013

Goodbye my friend

Ok so I've been slack again. This photography course has really eaten up all my time as it was an intensive course. Next time I think twice a week is too much, it left me feeling frazzled. However I finished last night and really loved it. The teacher was fantastic and I met some really great people on the course. My only regret was that there wasn't enough time to make connections outside of the course. Everyone had different talents and strengths so all the pictures were interesting. I have to say that it took me a while to get the hang of the technical side. Yesterday was the first day that I felt I may have finally got it. What it did was really help with improving my photo taking skills. Because I knew I had to print these photos I really had to look harder to find my subjects. It made me more picky and taught me to self edit.

I ended up with a really eclectic mix of photos that I really think showed elements of New York life. I was heavily influenced by an exhibition I saw in Perth called "Picturing New York" - it was a collaboration with MoMA. And so I had an evaluation from my teacher, what was my verdict? I have a natural eye for composition and use of all sides of the frame. I also have a natural eye for street photography. Jim's advice was to explore this further by creating a photo series based on a single subject. So food carts or nightlife etc. Here are two more shots for your delight. I really wanted to put more up but I also thought that I quite like them being slightly private. For people to view when they visit or when we return. Although this one of Phil was just too much to resist.




No comments:

Post a Comment