Saturday 13 July 2013

Obsession

Ok so I told you I was obsessed right? So finally I have taken the time to sift through my favorites... to bring you this post. I'm not proud of it but I do have over 400 photos of the Empire State Building. Most of these are repeats to make sure that I got the shot I needed and I've just not taken the time to edit them. I don't know what it is. I think perhaps it reminds me of where I am. The streets of New York can at times feel like the streets of any metropolis such as London. It's the landmarks that make it different. When you look up, the architecture is different and helps to set the tone for the city. I guess the biggest mark of living in New York for me is the Empire State Building. Being only a couple of blocks from it means that I notice it all the time, and it's become my thing now. Like a special inside joke "what colour will it be today?". The need to walk Paco at night makes looking out for the changes possible. I usually grab a quick snap of them like these:


But I also really enjoy taking artistic photos of it. These are by far my favourite attempts so far. 


No comments:

Post a Comment