Sunday 8 July 2012

Missing in action...

So I have been absent since Hipster Dufus went away for his first posting in Moscow. I really wanted to be able to find the time to sit at the computer and write however the reality is that life takes over. This has been a good thing for me, it has allowed me to re-evaluate what I want to do here and has made me realise what I do well, what I want to write about and most importantly what I want to cut out.

I have to remember that when we leave London in T - 1 month this will be my main point of contact with a lot of people, so the shift into postcard like posts is on it's way. It will be a way of letting my friends know what we're up to and how we're coping and of course it'll become a city review.

So, what have I been up to? First I have been practising with photography a lot!I love it! It's great fun and so rewarding. My favourite photography tool at the moment is the iPhone. Once you know which apps to use, and how to use them it can become such a powerful photography tool. The benefit of the iPhone is that if you forget your camera you always have it on you so you never have to miss a moment. Look at all of the shots below I have posted pictures before and after editing all with the camera + app.



I have also been busy visiting Hipster Dufus in Russia. First I got to go to Moscow (all the picture below were taken on the iPhone). It's one of those places that you don't necessarily have a desire to go to but also realise that you probably should say that you have seen at least once.I had a fantastic time although I really think it helps to have someone who know the city and better still someone who can speak the language. It's not really set up to welcome tourists and you really feel it as soon as you arrive. It's also ridiculously expensive so be sure to save before you go. It really is a city for the rich...



Finally I got to see St Petersburg. This was much more fun and accessible than Moscow. Being a museum professional I had always wanted to see the Hermitage collection so it was a defining moment for me (geek alert!) Again all of my photos below were taken on my iPhone. It was a beautiful place to explore if only the Russian manners could keep up with the beauty of the city.



No comments:

Post a Comment