Monday 16 July 2012

London Festival

Staff parties, what can I say. I had so much fun on my last staff party here at the BME. The theme was festival chic, and we were lucky enough to have an unusually gorgeous sunny day in London (very important as it took place on a boat). The organisers this year did a great job with the decorations. There were paper lanterns, wellies used as vases, a free tuck shop and a smoothie bar including an alcoholic option!

I didn't have any of my camera's on me, mainly as I didn't want to have to lug them around. I had co-ordinated my outfit based on a teeny-tiny bag... wow, yes I did just write that. However I had my trusty iPhone on hand to capture, edit and upload lot's of pictures of our festival adventure. The best part by far was that it ended up being a tour of London landmarks, so almost like a London goodbye trail for me.

Lot's of dancing, lot's of drink and great company made for a wonderful night. Thanks BME team, you sure are making this hard xxx.

Go BME team!! 

 
By far my favourite pictures of the night were these two beauties taken by Becca (aka Rebecca Ellis) on her vintage Pentax film camera. The quality is amazing, and the sunny conditions have really made the lighting on these pictures extraordinary. I think the iPhone is an amazing tool to capture images if you don't have a camera handy, but these pictures really show the difference in quality and why a phone will never be a replacement to a beautiful film camera. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment