Saturday 25 May 2013

From Dusk to Night

Dusk and night time is yet another excuse to relax and chill out, and where else? The beach of course. After a full day's cooking we all headed out to the beach tables and chairs in tow. The best thing about this part of the world is that there is no light pollution so the night's sky is incredibly clear. It was my first time ever seeing a shooting star. The downside being that I became so obsessed that I spent the rest of the time with my head up desperate to see another.


The very next night it was off to another beach (yes, the whole place is just beaches). This time it was to watch the a Broome phenomenon of the 'Staircase to the Moon'. At certain times of the year the moon doesn't just appear in the sky it rises like the sun. You can literally see it coming up bit by bit. It then leaves a reflection on the water that looks like stairs, leading up to the moon. It's such a celebration that they had a night market in place for while you waited. I got the impression that it might be quite well known as all I could hear on the beach was german and spanish. It was amazing, and I've never seen anything like it before.


As you can see my picture is awful so I would advise you to look at these google images for an idea of how breathtaking it actually was.

No comments:

Post a Comment