Sunday 28 October 2012

Autumn colors

When you live in a city like New York especially in Midtown where we are, autumn simply means grey days and even grey-er (yep it's not a word) tall buildings. So Hipster Dufus insisted that we get out of the city in search of the famous fall colours of upstate. A day off in the UN provided the perfect opportunity, and off we went. After a hellish drive through the badly laid New York highways into the even worse multiple lanes of New Jersey we arrived at Storm King Art Centre. This beautiful 500 acres sculpture park includes works by artists such as Barbara Hepworth, Henry Moore and Anish Kapoor.

Fall is definitely the time to visit, the changes in season add depth and texture to the already breathtaking beauty of the park. It looked magical and otherworldly. I took no less than three camera's and am glad that I did. I was completely obsessed with everything I saw. Hipster Dufus hogged the Canon AE-1 while I used the Olympus EPM-1. I then used the VSCO Cam on my iPhone to edit the pictures being as it is the perfect tool for creating light and breezy looking images. And yes I used the one on my phone as I am too poor to afford the editing software for my computer. I just can't justify it yet. Shame... what do you think of these images?

No comments:

Post a Comment