Sunday 4 December 2011

Brrr, Gelato


Hot days are long gone now. I know, it's painful to admit. However on those few days when the sun does come out (making it unbelievably chilly), I pluck up the courage to venture to my favourite ice-cream parlour. Gelupo is an Italian deli with an advantage, it happens to be the sister company of the amazing Bocca Di Lupo (more on that one soon).  

The short walk from Charing Cross station reminds me why this is probably a bad idea, given that I can't feel any part of my body, however turning into Archer street, a warm tingly feeling comes all over me. Stepping inside Gelupo feels like you've been transported to one of those wonderful european holidays we've all been on. 

 Everything about the place screams 'Home-made', 'Authentic', 'Delicious!'. Whether or not it's too cold is not even a question worth asking, the only question is which combination of flavours to go for. My favourite, pistachio and almonds? Or something more experimental such as the lemon and sage? Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment